Senior Instructor/Duty Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our management team. This is a permanent position, looking to start as soon as possible, full time or part time with the capacity for additional hours when required available. Daytime, evening and weekend shifts are expected, flexible approach to working in this customer centred environment.
As Duty Manager, you will be responsible for opening and closing the centre and ensuring safe and efficient operation. This will include keeping the centre clean and tidy, upholding health and safety policies, cashing up and money handling, managing reception, taking bookings, performing regular checks around the centre, overseeing staff within the centre, including the café and preparation of meals and drinks, dealing with customer comments and complaints in the first instance (and escalation when/if necessary), along with promoting a good atmosphere throughout the Centre.
The role will also include delivering fun, safe and educational climbing session for all ages. Including 5-7 year clubs, birthday parties with 30 clients, weekly NICAS clubs and adult induction courses. Whether it be on session or from a supervisor role. Experience and Qualifications.
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated person who will have the following:
• Minimum of CWA (fundamentals 1+2 desirable)
• Varied and extensive climbing experience
• An up to date First Aid
• Previous outdoor industry experience
• Management skills. Both practical and logistical. E.g. Managing staff with different skills
• Ability to deliver fun, safe and educational climbing session for all ages. Including 5-7 year old clubs, birthday parties and groups with up to 30 clients and adult induction courses.
• Customer service skills. From a management role, dealing with complaints and unexpected bookings and situations professionally.
• Knowledge and experience of checking PPE.
• Food hygiene experience
• Route setting and working at height
• Indoor climbing experience
• Knowledge of how to use Rock gym pro.
• Experience of dealing with money, cashing up tills.
Applications should be made by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Salary from £15,000 – £20,000 depending on experience Closing date: When the position is filled
For the right candidate, starting dates can be flexible.